Buckeye Marathon / Half Marathon / 5K Race to the Runway
Saturday, Dec 13, 2014 8:00 AM
Buckeye Municipal Airport
Boston Qualifier! Many marathons claim to be flat and fast, but how many can say they are DOWNHILL and fast! Join us for the inaugural Buckeye Marathon / Half Marathon / 5K Run. The marathon route features a drop of over 640' from start to finish.
The Buckeye Marathon / Half Marathon / 5K will take place on December 13, 2014. All distances will end at the Buckeye Municipal Airport. The Half Marathon and 5K will also begin at the airport, with the Marathon course starting at Festival Foothills Elementary School in the Sun City Festival community (transportation will be provided from the finish line to the start line for marathon participants).
This event will be run on a certified course (certification pending) and serve as a Boston Qualifier. All events will be chip timed. The marathon course will be a closure time of 6 hours, requiring a minimum pace time of 13:45/mile.
Proceeds will benefit the City of Buckeye Youth Scholarship Fund, giving kids the opportunity to participate in recreational activities throughout the city.
What You Get!!
- Custom Event Finisher's Medal
- Custom Event Dri-Fit Tech T-Shirt
- Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups
- Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Brunch" (bagels, fruit, water, Gatorade, etc)
- Real Time Results and Photos on our Website or Mobile App (on Apple and Google)
- Course set/marked by a professional race management team to maximize your experience!
- Entry into post-race festival.
- $90 August 4 through November 9
- $105 November 10 through December 7
- $110 December 8 through December 11
- $115 on Race Day
- $60 August 4 through November 9
- $75 November 10 through December 7
- $80 December 8 through December 11
- $85 on Race Day
- $35 August 4 through November 9
- $45 November 10 through December 7
- $50 December 8 through December 11
- $55 on Race Day
- $20 through November 9
- $25 November 10 through December 7
- $30 December 8 through December 11
- $35 on Race Day
Register online above or by mailing in your payment with this Registration Form!
Schedule of Events
Friday, December 12
- 4:00 - 6:30pm Packet pick up and late registration. Location TBA.
Saturday, December 13
- 7:00am Race Day Packet Pick-up & Registration Opens for Marathon at Festival Foothills
- 8:00am Marathon Begins
- 8:00am Race Day Packet Pick-up & Registration Opens for Half Marathon/5K at Airport
- 9:00am Half Marathon Begins
- 9:30am 5K Run Begins
- 10:30am 1 Mile Run Begins
- 11:00am 5K & 1 Mile Awards Begins (approximate)
- 11:45am Half Marathon Awards Begin (approximate)
- 12:30pm Marathon Awards Begin (approximate)
All participants will be chip timed by StartLine Racing. Awards will be given to the top 3 finishers in all age categories (5 year age groups).
Questions about Boston Marathon Qualifying Standards? Check out the BAA's information here.
Can't run/walk in the event but want to participate? We are always looking for volunteers to help support our athletes. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete our Volunteer Application!