The 2nd Annual Friends With Autism 5K and Walk will take place on Sunday, April 7, 2019, in Jacksonville, FL and we hope you will join us!!
On your mark! Get your teams ready! RUN, WALK, STIM! Let's make strides for autism families and people with autism in Northeast Florida.
Join us we kickoff World Autism Awareness Month! Making Strides For Autism, Inc.'s 2nd annual Friends With Autism 5K and Walk is more than just a Run and a Walk - it's a fun time for the entire community to come together and raise awareness and acceptance for autism families and people with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) in Northeast Florida! Join families after the race/walk for the community resource fair, giveaways, music, children's sensory zone, speakers, and so much more! Community Resource Fair is FREE and open to the public.
When we raise awareness here... Funds raised will stay here! All proceeds raised will be used to support the mission of Making Strides For Autism, Inc. Your support will assist to provide direct services in the form of support, training, and advocacy for local families and people with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Learn more about Making Strides For Autism, Inc. at www.makingstridesforautism.org
Help us raise awareness and acceptance for those on the autism spectrum!
- Join us for the fun!
- Join us for the community!
- Join us to help the 1 in 59 with autism!
- Join us to support the estimated 21,911 families and individuals living with autism in Northeast Florida!
Place: Northbank Riverwalk/Riverside Arts Market (RAM) 715 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204
- 5K Run Registration 17 and Over $25 until Jan 1st then $30
- 5K Run Registration 16 and Under $15
- Walk Registration 13 and Over $15
- Walk Registration 12 and Under FREE
- 5K Run School TEAM Registration (12 max) $166
- Walk School TEAM Registration (12 max) $144
- 5K Run Corporate TEAM Registration (12 max) $276
- Walk Corporate TEAM Registration (12 max) $156
Race Day Schedule:
- 7:00 am Registration Opens
- 7:30 am Opening Ceremony
- 8:00 am 5K Starts at 8:15 am
- 8:15 am Walk Starts at 8:20 am
- 10:30 am Awards and Community Resource Fair
Awards and Incentives:
- 5K Finishers will receive a T-shirt and Medal (Shirt sizing has closed. 5K Finishers will receive an L or XL shirt.)
- Walkers and 5K Non-Finisher raising $150 or more receive a Friends With Autism T-shirt
- Walkers and 5K Non-Finishers raising $500 or more receive a Friends With Autism T-shirt and Medal
- Walkers and Runners raising $1000 or more receive a Friends With Autism T-shirt, MS4A’s Running Man Lapel Pendant, and access to the Friendship Village for food and beverages after the race/walk
- The Top Three Fundraising Teams raising over $2,500 will receive an MS4A grant that can be used to pay for school tuition, home school supplies/equipment/software, therapy, assistive technology, medical co-pays, medical services, and more :
1st Place - $1,000
2nd Place - $500
3rd Place - $250
- The Top Three School Fundraising Teams raising over $2,500 will receive MS4A sensory bags for their classrooms:
1st Place - 10 bags
2nd Place - 5 bags
3rd Place - 2 bags
Runner, Walker, and Fundraising Tools: Friendship Kit available at www.bit.ly/fwa5k
Sponsors and Vendors:
We are currently accepting event sponsors and vendors for our community resource fair. Please contact Walk Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for a sponsor or vendor packet and information.
Run/Walk Chair and Volunteers:
Volunteers are our Superheroes! Interested in volunteering or becoming a 5K/Walk Chair? Please contact Making Strides For Autism at email@example.com.
Run & Walk Contact Info:
If you have any questions about the Walk, please contact the Walk Coordinator - Making Strides For Autism, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions about the 5K, please contact the Race Manager - 1st Place Spoetsat info@1stplacesportscom.
Race management provided by 1st Place Sports. www.1stplacesports.com.